A sofa without a stylish cushion arrangement is like watching a movie in the theatre without popcorn. It looks fine but feels incomplete.
Here are some simple tips to help you select cushion covers for your home.
- Decide what look you are aiming for or where you want to place them before buying. Are you looking for artistic sofa cushion covers, or big, soft cushions to be placed on your bed or do you want fun, quirky cushions in your kid’s bedroom? Do you want to create a minimalist, cohesive look or are you looking at a boho, natural vibe?
- Your home is your best guide. If you are looking for a subdued look, use colour tones and shades which match your furniture, curtains, or wall colour or you can create contrast and a bold look, if that's what you have in mind. Cushions are also great to add fringes, ruffles, tassels, beads, hand painted, quotes, lettering, or anything that you enjoy, to bring in your uniqueness in your space.
- Play with textures, materials, and size in a similar shade, if you are one of those who don't like adding too many colours in your room. Decide beforehand if you are looking for a casual or a formal look to help you select your fabric. Think of the scale of the patterns you plan to put together. Choose a large, medium and small patterned fabric for a balanced look.
- Use solids, or larger pattern cushions behind and smaller ones in intricate patterns or brighter colours in front of them.
- The number of cushions should depend on the size of your sofa. Use 2 if you are looking for a neat, symmetry look, 3 if you like a modern, contemporary vibe, 4 or 5 if you have a big sofa and you like to add depth by playing with different size, shapes and fabrics of cushions.
With cushion, there is no right or wrong, but thoughtfully bought cushions can enhance your space instantly in a minimum budget, and brings freshness to your decor.
Buy Livonti cushion covers in a pack of two and three, and change the look of your room as often as you want.
Do you have a personal tip for selecting cushion covers that works for you that I didn't cover? Share below.